Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Dogo Argentino puppy run and dog house.

I just finished my puppy run, now Faith and the puppies will have a place where they can hang out in the morning summer sun. The run also becomes shaded in the afternoon to help keep them cool and from getting sunburnt. I planted lemon grass all around the run to the bugs away, because Dogos have such a thin coat mosquitoes eat them up. The dog house and run cost me about $15 dollars because I used all reclaimed materials. The only thing new is the fencing and the screws used in the build. I recycle as much as I can, I even reuse most of the nails that I reclaim. I used really good wire fencing around the run and also used chicken wire to keep the little pups in. The fence is 3 feet high and when they are old enough to jump it they will be big enough that they can't squeeze through the yard fence.
 The dog house in the puppy run. I built a small deck so Faith will have a place to lay out in the sun. I also installed a long ramp so that the puppies will have no problems getting in and out of the house.

A nice little gate for them.

I used field fence around the run with chicken wire at the bottom to keep the puppies in.

It's a pretty good size space for the puppies to play in.

Lemon grass to keep the bugs away.

The outside of the gate. The only thing I have left is to plant grass seed to fill in the gaps.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment