Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Custom Dogo Argentino Dog Cages

Last week I got sick of having huge dog cages in my living room. When I just had Dante it was no big deal having a two and a half by three and half foot cage in the living room, but with three dogos there was just not enough room. My TV is built into the wall with shelves all around it and there was a lot of dead space behind it. So, I got the ideal of building the dog cages into the wall to free up the space in my living room. The first thing I did was go to Lowes, there I got half inch rebar, paneling, paint, latches, cheap wood flooring, and a bunch of other things that I thought I might need. Here is what I did.
First I cut the rebar with my die grinder.



I welded it together and added hinges and a latch.

The hinge is just an old door hinge that I cut and welded on.

The Latch is a fence latch from Lowes

Finished door

I cut out the shelves and the wall underneath the TV.

I installed cheap wood flooring on the floors and the walls so that the cages would be easy to clean.

I made the cages out of plywood.

The first cage installed, this is Dante's cage, but  it is bigger so I will used it for mama and puppies when they come.

Installing the smaller cages

Smaller Cages installed.

The unfinished Cages.

Painted the cages and the wall to match.

Painted Cages.

Reinstalled and Painted the trim.




Installed gates and the puppies.

Dante was not happy!

Finished

4 comments:

  1. This is the right webpage for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You know a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject that's been written about for years.
    Wonderful stuff, just great!
    dog crate with wooden cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about the wonderful days and times you spent with your dog, of course they flick their charm every now and then, and they give you hard times. There are a lot of studies and I believe we have all heard about it, so I found some fun facts about dog’s behaviour to share with you.
    Dog Crates NZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of you who want a dog bed that is so different than other, to make it just as unique as your fur angles, I am about to share dog beds that are cool as, unique and funny with you.
    Dog Run

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are the very nice collection. Can you please upload more designs?
    Outdoor Sofa Set

    ReplyDelete