Saturday, February 27, 2016

Breeding Dogo is Crazy!

 
It has been one hell of a week. Dante has been nuts and acting like a fool, he is a total basket case. I really wish I would have checked into breeding more before I started, In life sometimes we think we know more than we do and then we found out that we know nothing.
Baby Dante
 
The first thing that I learned is that these dogs need to be away from people when your female is in heat. Male dogs seam to go nuts with all of the testosterone in their system. Dante who is a really sweet dog became very aggressive and unpredictable. He is now outside until Faith is done with her heat cycle. I am very disappointed in myself for not reading up on this more, I could have save myself a lot of heartache if I just would have. For all of you out there who want a Dogo Argentino please do your homework and just when you think you know enough, do some more. There is a lot of good information out there and you need to read up on it. You don't want to go through all of the time and expense of getting one of these dogs only to have it end up going back to the breeder or to the pound. There are so many Dogo's in shelters all over the US because people thought they could handle them and could not. Also once you have one you must train, train and than train some more, your dogs life just might depend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment