Monday, July 11, 2016

Once Again Home Made Dog Food.


I have had a bunch of people asking me about my homemade dog food and how I make it. Here is the recipe, that I use for my dogos.   
I cook 10lbs of chicken at a temperature of 350 degrees for 3 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone, if you don't cook it long enough it's a pain in the butt to debone.

I boil a dozen eggs.

I cut up one pound of carrots and two and half pounds of potatoes.

I boil the carrots and potatoes until they are very soft, the softer they are the easier they are for a dog to digest.

I debone the chicken and pull the it apart.

Mix the chicken in with the potatoes and the carrots.

I take a can of corn, peas, and green beans and put them in a blender.

I add a banana


I add 5 Pro-Sense Vitamins




Than I blend them all together, because dogs have very short digestive systems and blending veggies makes it easier for the dog to digest. Than mix it in with the chicken, carrots and potatoes.


I use a potato masher and crush up the eggs.

Mash the eggs shell and all until they are small, then add it to the mix. Mix everything together and than put it into containers. Put the mix into the refrigerator or put it into the freezer if you want to store it for a couple of months.

I cook rice everyday to mix in with the dog food, you don't have to do this if you don't want to. You could cook rice and add it to your mix and than refrigerate it, but if you are going to freeze it, I would not add the rice because cooked rice does not freeze well. I cook four cups of rice and keep adding water until it is mushy, once again it will make it easier for you dog to digest.


Mix your dog food with rice and give to your dog. My dogs just love it!


Here is what it looks like when you make enough food for 3 big dogs for 10 days and this does not even have the rice added. 
I hope this helps, remember to slowly introduce each ingredient to your dog so if they have a adverse reaction to something you can keep it out of your food. Thanks for reading, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment